Does anyone use this incubator?

Yes I have learned a lesson with this incubator. I went for something cheaper for my first attempt.
I have plans for a Brinsea Ovation EX. I’m putting money away for it now and hope to have it before the spring.

You're welcome! Don't panic too much about the Humidity either. My levels fluctuate continually between 25% and 65% from day 1. As long as you have generally over 65% during the last 3 (lockdown) days you'll be fine. I spray a mist over the eggs during lockdown to really get that humidity as high as possible. I also squirt water directly into the water channels during lockdown. Gets the Humidity higher alot faster than using the external water inlet
Lol up until now keeping the humidity down has been a bigger problem for me! I guess I will be in good shape for lockdown!🤣 I was told my someone to even put a small bowl of water inside to add more moisture. I don’t think I would have room for that

Lol up until now keeping the humidity down has been a bigger problem for me! I guess I will be in good shape for lockdown!🤣 I was told my someone to even put a small bowl of water inside to add more moisture. I don’t think I would have room for that
Do NOT put a bowl of water in there! A damp sponge on a flat plastic jar lid, maybe, but NO STANDING WATER. Drowned, newly hatched chicks are a heartbreaker. It only takes a teensy bit to do it - like 1/8 inch. New babies are not strong enough or coordinated enough to lift their heads properly until they dry - amd sometimes not even then. And just in case you're wondering - DD learned that the hard way. The poor kid thought she was helping when she put a mayonnaise jar lid in the 'bator with a little bit of water, just to boost the humidity. She about collapsed the next morning when she found the last baby in it. That was years ago, and she still cautions me about the dangers ... Every. Single. Hatch!

Do NOT put a bowl of water in there! A damp sponge on a flat plastic jar lid, maybe, but NO STANDING WATER. Drowned, newly hatched chicks are a heartbreaker. It only takes a teensy bit to do it - like 1/8 inch. New babies are not strong enough or coordinated enough to lift their heads properly until they dry - amd sometimes not even then. And just in case you're wondering - DD learned that the hard way. The poor kid thought she was helping when she put a mayonnaise jar lid in the 'bator with a little bit of water, just to boost the humidity. She about collapsed the next morning when she found the last baby in it. That was years ago, and she still cautions me about the dangers ... Every. Single. Hatch!
Oh my! Yea!!!! And I should know that. I have chick waterer a for that reason. Thank you for reminding me!!!

Yes I have learned a lesson with this incubator. I went for something cheaper for my first attempt.
I have plans for a Brinsea Ovation EX. I’m putting money away for it now and hope to have it before the spring.
So dumb they call them "beginners" incubators! You actually have to be a hatching expert to roll with everything these cheap models throw at you! I've just bought an RCom incubator. Half the price of a Brinsea but WOW! I just went away for 3 days knowing the incubator would look after my eggs. It pumps its own water in! The temp and humidity haven't fluctuated even a point of a degree, and the temp is the same anywhere in the incubator. You have to be a rocket scientist to put it together but its well worth it

Attachments

• 20211029_092906.jpg
    20211029_092906.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 5
To reset the "day countdown" press the Reset button for about 10 seconds.

Any other question I'm happy to help 🙂 I have a manual too but all the questions you asked are not in there... do you know how to set your alarm parameters?
I know this post is kinda old and you may not see this but can you tell me how to set the alarm parameters? The manual is lost in my classroom somewhere and it beeps constantly because I need the humidity to stay just under what I have the alarm set to!
Thanks!

Could one of you post pics of what the different settings represent?
AL:20 degrees F
HD: 5 (guessing how many hrs it turns)
HS: high side temp max?
LS: low side temp mini?
CA: 00degree f. ??(drop range)?
AS: 60 (humidity)
AH: 02 degree F (?)

Back
Top Bottom