Does anyone work from home?

texaschickmama

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Poolville, TX
I really need to start working and bringing some extra income into our family. Does anyone have suggestions on working from home. I have children that I AM NOT willing to send to daycare. My son will be in 1st grade and my daughter is 2 1/2 yrs old. Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
smile.png
I'm looking too! Don't have any kids at home. They are grown. I just don't have transportation to a job and would like to work from home. Everything I've checked out are spams!!! Or some want a huge amount of money to get started.

Good luck on the search for a home job.

This may be more than what you are looking for, but.... Property Management. I work for my parents Property Management business. They work from their home and have done so since the beginning of their business, 14 years ago. It would take some effort to get going, ie: real estate classes, etc, but that can also be done online or a home course. Something to look into anyway. It's been good money for my folks.

I work from home as a graphic designer. Working from home is the only way to go especially when you have children. I have one DD, now 11. I never sent her to daycare, although some days I wanted to! I think when they get to be teens you need to be around just as much if not more.

The toddler years were rough, but I occasionally had my Mom to help me out when I had deadlines or a meeting to attend.

Good luck!

I am looking too. I have also checked out several "great" oppurtunities and found they are just scams. It just seems to me that there should be something. I really want to help out our family. Our son has some physical limitations due to an accident he was in a year ago. So I need to be available 24/7. My hubby works very long (16+ hours) days. I try to save us money the best I know how but a little extra would help. With the price of fuel it just doesn't make sense to drive to town to make a few extra dollars. Besides it seems a trip to town always means spending $ on something else. I LOVE being a stay at home Mom. I was never in a position to do that when my son was little. Even though he is 13 he tells me how much he loves that I am home for him now. I was a single Mom for years and had to be gone alot. He understood but we are both much happier with this situation. I feel if I can somehow help out from home that maybe hubby will understand how much it means to us that he makes it possible for me to stay at home. I am going to do some more research and will let you all know if I find something! Heres wishing us all good luck!!
fl.gif

I really need to get a job to help out with the income. I have five little ones that I would not trust with anyone else to raise. A work at home job would be awesome. I currently work as a crossing guard...I just take the kiddos with me and when I am not crossing students I am reading or singing songs with them. I need something that is a little more money though. If any of you know of anything that is a legitimate work at home job; I am sure we would all appreciate hearing about it.

check in your area before you take a transcription course to see what work is there. Most doctors are transcribing in the rooms from a laptop and dont need someone to do it for them.

You are right in Texas near the Mary Kay headquarters you could always join Mary Kay and do appts right at your home and where you live in Texas you wouldnt be far from their summer seminars in July. I have been a consultant for 10 almost 11 years. I was a Director for awhile and I stepped back as my husband got sick and I couldnt take care of a unit and him and kids. Maybe someday I will do that again.

Back
Top Bottom