Does anyone work from home?

We sell almost every egg that is laid here. I have to tell DH to leave me some eggs in the fridge if I need them. He sells them at work as fast as they are laid. BUT, that little bit does not put a dent in what we need to get ahead. It does help pay for the chickens, but not really help us out. I need to make at least an extra $800 - $1000 a month to help out. Any suggestions wanted!!!

Quote:
I had a similar idea called "Date Care"
Thursday/Friday & Saturday nights for parents to go out & have a good time. Open at 5 closed by midnight. You MIGHT be able to "rent" a location from another daycare provider or work a deal with them to let you open at night those days. I had in mind a 3 room location, for 3 age groups
If childcare is your interest, get your cpr certification first. start by calling the local Fire Dept.

Lets all not forget that local colleges are great ways to get some free or super cheap help. If what you need done coincides with something they are learning.. you can get help so they can gain experience

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those too.. gift basket businesses...
unfortunately for me, another thing that was a big hit but I didn't have enough time for.. Always4kids.. it's still online but on-hold.

there is still an affiliate program running off of it though, and that does make me money... see the e-specials for the links to products that are automatically updated for me always4kids

I have been looking for something to do at home for a while now. Like everyone else, it seems, I have only found the 'scam' businesses. Beware of the medical transcription from home!! They do seminars for it a lot in my area and I know a few people that did it and lost a lot of money. they try to get a job and people have litterally laughed at them. Not all on-line or thru the mail certifiactes are accreddited. I have thought of babysitting, but that would be too restraining. I want to be able to work when I want to and go when I want to. There has got to be something out there tahat is easy for us stay at home moms.

DMK Ranch

Quote:
You need to be your own boss.
Nothing comes easy, and it shouldn't. It's the hard that makes your accomplisments great

An internet business differs from a bricks-n-mortar business in many ways, but the biggest differentce is start-up costs. It'll cost almost NOTHING and often literally nothing, to start one.

The possibilities are limitless if your willing to work for it.

When you say affiliate program running through it, what does that mean?

Editted to add: I'm really not interested in full-time childcare. I would be interested in the weekend thing, that's a great idea.

Last edited:
that means I signed up to be an affiliate, someone who sells on their behalf and receives a commission based on sales that I have generated.

that part is easy.
pick what you want, sections, categories, specific products... promote them, people buy them after clicking your link.. you get a check.

that simple

added: I receive commissions from products sold at amazon & ebay, from vacation rentals & hotel/motel stays, from posters and lots more really. Even airline tickets & car rentals.

I actually started my own jewelry business, Stone Posies. It started as a hobby and when people kept buying the jewelry right off my neck I realized that maybe I could turn it into a business. Unfortunately, I am not the best business woman. I don't promote myself enough, nor do I seek out opportunities like I should. But there are a LOT of women who have craft or art based businesses. Do you have anything that you love to do? Check out Etsy.com, Glitter and Grunge, or Earth Angels Bears Dolls & Folk Art. Look at what other people are doing and you may discover that you have a skill or talent that is very marketable.

Back
Top Bottom