Does anyone work from home?

So much good information from everyone, I am really impressed with the WAHM.com for different ideas. Anyone else want to chime in as to what they do at home for work?

I am getting ready to take my test to be a sub for our school, also. MY BF is a teacher there and told me that I should do it. That way I can work while ds is at school and take him home with me after. Sounds like it will be good. I know I would have holidays and weekends and evenings off with him. But I am still interested in doing something at home.

DMK Ranch

I know this is not for everyone, but have you thought of being a foster parent. Many states pay from $400-$1000 a month per child for foster parents.
I used to work at a childrens shelter for abused and neglected kids and they really need people who can be there for them. You have to be able to let them go if they go back home or get permanently adopted.
Just something you might want to look into.
~Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, and yes I have thought about that. I would love to do that, always have. Children are my passion, especially the ones that just need love and support. I will have to talk it over with my hubby again. Thanks for that suggestion.

Wow, there is alote of great idea's here. I have been a stay at home mom of 4 kids for over 12 years. My youngest dd just started K-4 this year. I will keep my eye on this post.....

I think the important thing to remember here is it is a job. It means you have to finish something in some time range in exchange for $. I don't want to be a rain cloud, but working from home is still work

I work from home, and do well. I have a room that I use for work. I have lots of flexibility on my hours, but have definate expections/objectives they expect in time frames

I do database and web site updates.

I am self employed quilt teacher.

I do resume, documents, power point presentations anything that I can do on my computer and charge $$ for.

I do genealogy research.

I have a timer that I run when I am working so I can keep track of my hours. I need to make sure that I am not working for $2 an hour. At the end of every day I look at what I have done and what more I need to do and plan the next day. I work somewhere between 45-55 hours a week.

You said you needed $800 a month......4 weeks at 40 hours at $5 an hour would do it. On the flip side $10 an hour would mean you only need to work 20 hours a week.

After doing this for years I think you need to get a handle on your time and dollars.

Good luck. It can be done but it isn't easy. But on the flip side I can't imagine not being able to go outside and have lunch when I want.

I'm not expecting it to be easy. I am willing to work my rear off to obtain my goals and help my family. I was just putting a realistic number out there to go from. I am open to making a lot more than that, I'm just saying that small amount of money is a starting point . Glad to hear all these success stories that people are able to work from their homes.

Has anyone done the surveys or try products? I do some and get points that I cash in for gift cards and some I get paid cash for. This would be great, but I don't get enough to use it as an income. Most of the searches that I have done say that I need to make a 'one time payment' to get in, but I'm afraid to get suckered. Does anyone know of any of the sites that are legit?I know that my DH had a co worker whos wife did it and made about $200 for 8 hrs, but he never got me the info to do it. Just wondering.

DMK Ranch

Back
Top Bottom