Does God care if we are happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I'm going to have to say no, I've been disappointed with MY plan.

AMEN!

AMEN x2

Hi! These are my feelings on that subject. If you are a child of the King, then you have responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is to find happiness. God gives us talents, and gifts to use to serve him by helping others. He gave us choices, and the consequences of those choices somewhat determine whether or not we find happiness. God's children have a lot to be happy about. Especially in hard times when it seems that you are alone in the world. He is always there when you need someone to talk to. He is the best friend you could ever have. Believers have a lot to be happy about.
1-Looking forward to being with family and friends that have passed away.
2- Having purpose on earth.
3- The greatest gift of eternal life.
4-Forgiving others and ourselves.
5-Knowing that we are not perfect and that he loves us.
Charles Stanley once taught me a very valuable lesson through one of his sermons. He said that "Your Father on this earth loves you, but can you imagine loving someone enough to sacrifice your only son? Your heavenly Father loves you more than you know. He only wants the best for his children. I belive that happiness is one of those gifts. But ultimately we are responsible for finding the way to happiness. Happiness is a state of mind. You can only know real happiness when you find joy in the smallest non- monetary things in life. I hope everyone uses their gifts to find happiness. I know that I have.
Blessings
hugs.gif

Quote:
Currently so. I dislike living like we are having to at the moment. We used to have money to put in savings every week, now we barely have enough to pay bills, and sometimes even we don't have enough. I have no idea where He is taking us. I keeping thinking "Are we there yet?!?!?!" Disappointed, yes, at the moment I can think of no other word to describe it. Have I lost faith? No. I know we'll get to our destination eventually. But, like a kid I WANT IT NOW!
lol.png
I have been accused of being impatient
wink.png

Yes, God wants you to be happy. But most of all, God wants you to love. And how would you know love if there was no risk in being hurt? Best part is, is the choice to be happy or not. Myself, I have found that being happy takes practice and bravery, especially in the face of adversity. I'm still practicing.

My previous statement is more a philosophical answer, but I do remember reading in the Bible a passage that went something like this: For everything there is a season, a time to live, a time to die, a time for joy, a time for sorrow. Something like that. (There was a popular song written from it too.) I see the point makes total sense to me anyhow. In order to have summer, there must be a winter. To heal, there must be sickness. I guess it wouldn't be too great if everyone was happy all the time, it would mean less. But having the opportunity to experience the whole rainbow of emotions makes for a much richer life experience. So reason would say by this, that God cares that you get to experience happiness some of the times, or at least when it is in season. I'm getting all sappy now.

edited 'cause I missed a word.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm struggling with the definition of "happy". Walking the path is *hard*. I see all the struggles so many on BYC face and I get upset with myselfd why I can't be more thankful of my situation.

Hap·py 
[hap-ee] Show IPA
–adjective, -pi·er, -pi·est.
delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.
characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land.
apt or felicitous, as actions, utterances, or ideas.
obsessed by or quick to use the item indicated (usually used in combination): a trigger-happy gangster. Everybody is gadget-happy these days.

—Synonyms
1. joyous, joyful, blithe, cheerful, merry, contented, gay, blissful, satisfied. 3. favorable, propitious; successful, prosperous. See fortunate. 4. appropriate, fitting, opportune, pertinent.

Is this good? It was found on dictionary.com, just as an example.

I don't know that you will find a particular verse that says. "I want you to be happy", but there are many that tell us that yes God does want us to be happy and this is the perfect season to see that.

first lets consider how God created the earth and man.. Gen. 1:31 It was very good. We see that God created a world and Adam and Eve in a "very good" world, not the world we see today.
Rom. 5:14 Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin ; We see that Adam sinned and because he brought it into the world we have trouble.

second: we see that hell was not created for man but, Matt 25:41 ..... prepared for the devil and his angels. So we know God never intended for man to go to hell.

Third: We see that even though through Adam we inherited this problem God made away for us to escape this judgement brought about by Adams sin.
John 3:16 for god so loved the world , that He gave (we didn't give "He gave") His only begotten son, that whosoever (we are free to choose) believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth (proved) His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Jesus Christ was born and willingly gave his life for us. It says "He gave up the ghost".

Finally: Revelations 1:31 and I saw a new heaven and a new earth....
Rev. 21: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shalll be no more death, neither sorrow , nor crying......

So while we may have trials in this life Christ is coming back.
Rev. 1:7 Behold He cometh with the clouds. ......

In conclusion. We see that God created a perfect or very good world. Proof God wanted them to be happy cuz there was no evil or it wouldn't have been very good. Adam sinned and messed it up.
Then after Adam messed it up, God sent Christ to be born and Christ gave himself so we could be reconsciled to God and have eternal life. Where?
With a new heaven and earth, where there will be no more crying and death and pain.

So we see that by all these things God did in fact want man to be happy and still does and made a way so that if we choose we can be. For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

How can we receive eternal life? John 3:3 be born again. Simply pray and ask God to be born again and accept the sacrifice of Christ for your salvation.
I did 35 years ago at the age of 24 and my life is so much better than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom