Does Golden Malrin work on Rats?

Quote:
I use Just One Bite when I feel the need, but unless I thought I had a LOT of rats in my house I'd try hard to trap them out first. I reserve poison baits for very specific situations when I can't get the job done any other way.

Quote:
th.gif

To those who are interested in my "eating habits": It was at an EMT convention, and the presenter was from poison control. He deals with various poisons daily, and passed around a packet of d-con. He assured us that it was safe, while he ate a few pellets during his presentation. I tried a few, along with many of my fellow EMT's. Tasted kind of bland, but not bad. We would have had to eat many packets of the stuff to ingest a lethal dose. The most vivid memory of this presentation is that some of the worst poisons are the carbamates,(golden malrin is one of them), and the diabetes medications that children sometimes get into. We would assume that diabetes meds would be safe for humans, but they are deadly in children, due to their body weight. If they eat just ONE pill, their blood sugar will drop very rapidly and it often kills them. So, Grandma, put those diabetes meds in a very safe place when the grandkids visit.

FYI: I am not in any way advocating that any of you start snacking on d-con or any other rat poisons. Let's all eat only good healthy foods, like Twinkies and Mountain Dew.

I got rat baits and dog proof bait holders from my pest control guy. If one of my dogs eats a dead rat, I do not want it to die. The bait stations are great. If You need a brand name I can look it up. Child proof, dog proof, almost adult proof, takes 2 screwdrivers to open the bait area, and coordination.

With grandchildren around, my solution for flies is flypaper, my solution for fire ants and keeping the flea population down is beneficial nematodes. I occasionally use frontline or revolution on my dogs and cats... I did get some perimeter spray for the house, darned silverfish in the attic are worrisome. Haven't figured out how to spray up there yet, but I'll gt there.

Just one Bite is extremely the best! Mice and rats comsume their body weight plus and cats dogs and the like wouldn't eat that much to kill them! and the best part is that the rodents when dead don't leave behind the dead smell! They just dry up

I work full time at a grocery distribution center in the midwest and due to the possibilities of any contamination to food stuffs we no longer use baits or poisions! The pest control companies that service these companies uses baited glue traps rolled up and inserted in pvc pipe! Works great on Mice and Rats and for those with morbid senses of humor is sometime good for entertainment value as well and there are No Toxic substances used! Once their little feet touch the glue its all over and you just dump them out in the trash and dispose of the little vermine

Quote:
Great stuff, yes it will kill anything fast. 1/2 cup is a waste and a danger for environment, a few teaspoons covered with a cup of any kind of cola (sugared, not sugar free) will do. During the day I cover it with milk crate so flies can access it.

That,s extra bonus, killing flies always plentiful among chickens.

Use extra caution to protect underground water.

Heavy pan inside larger diameter pan. You do not want any spills.

I am an exterminator and Golden Malrin shoud be a absolute last resort and there are way better and saffer methods than that. I prefer to use rat snap traps with bacon fat or pepperetts used for bait. Any thing that eats that fly bait will die very fast. ( cats, dogs, Chickens,KIDS) There are also other poisons on the market that will work well and be safer than Golden Malrin.

Back
Top Bottom