does holderread farm send birds to Maine??

Yes--anywhere in the nation. And they'll make you very happy. I love my Holderread birds.

An interesting point: When I bought my first flock, I chose a hatchery on the East coast because I thought it would be easier on the birds not to have to travel so far. Only to find out a couple years later that nearly all the major hatcheries order their birds from California. Go figure.

So now I stick with Holderread, and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Far superior birds.

Yes, they do. You will want to order early-ish next hatching season, they sell out of many breeds.

They have wonderful birds and are amazingly knowledgeable duck and geese breeders.

I ordered in the fall--surest way to beat the crowds. They will sell out of many breeds by early Spring.
smile.png

Quote:
LOL, yeah I ordered my Spring 2010 ducklings from them in August of 2009.
lol.png

Worked out great - I got them on the very first hatch week, same as iamcuriositycat.
smile.png
If you want a specific date, you NEED to order early!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered to adult birds shipped to me in Alaska... and they did well.... Nicely packaged... and they plan so they make the best connections.

I am in Florida and I have already sent a deposit for my spring 2011 order of Saxony ducks and some Runners...got to do it early to get the ones you want...I have only heard good things about Holderread and can't wait to get my duckies...I ordered some other hatchery runners last year and they have to be crosses...they are not upright and are quite heavy...I only kept one of the black females as she is rather upright and a hoot with her infatuation with Merlin the White Chinese gander...she chatters at him and head bobs all day long and he looks at her like she is a deranged stalker...but yes to the question by the OP...they ship everywhere!

I really want some of their giant Emden geese and the Blue, Lavender and Buff American geese are gorgeous...money and space are both an obstacle, but I can dream...
droolin.gif

I actually just (hour ago) mailed my order and deposit to Holderread's for next springs hatch. Ordered show quality Welsh Harlequin and Saxony for my little brother to show in next year's fair. I have also heard nothing but great things about Holderread's and wanted to get my order in early.

Back
Top Bottom