Best show breeder for Welsh Harlequins where the hen has a white head? Most I've seen have darker heads (even ones that are show quality).

I got my hatching eggs from Edelweiss Homestead. They're a mix from Holderread, Milliman, Jake and Jean Wilson and the show judge and reserve waterfowl at Columbus; James Konecny. (I'm unfamiliar with the last judge but have heard of the rest).

That sounds like a great idea! Unfortunately I already bought hatching eggs before realizing there was a difference in coloring so I'm hoping it's age related. How old is your Welsh Harlequin? Also I'm sorry to hear about the internal laying.

She's very beautiful!!
Thanks! I do love her. She's about 1.5 years old. She has hormone implants now to stop the laying and is doing wonderfully.

It will be fun to see what hatches! You can breed any who have the darker feet that you prefer. Keep in mind, their feet get darker as they age, so the ducklings may have lighter green/gray legs.

Keep us posted!!!

It sounds like if I want ones with the white head and dark feet I might be best off buying adults instead?
Thank you for the FB link!! I was just scrolling through it and someone said the same thing that you quoted (that their hens change colors throughout the years).
I got my girls from backyardchickens.com and they all have light head (7 of them)... only 1 of the seven kept the orange feet after a year. The drake I bread them with came from Metzner. All the offspring have the black feet/bill and light yead.

Back
Top Bottom