Does it make sense or has anyone else experienced something like this?

lilmarie84

Songster
Mar 28, 2017
Kenner, LA.
A little over a year ago I took my daughter to the doctor for a lingering cough that just wouldn't go away they put her on 2 different medications one for the cough and one was an inhaler. Well for some reason the meds made it to where she couldn't eat eggs unless it was just the egg whites and scrambled was out of the question they would either make her stomach hurt or she feels like shes going to throw up

We just got our first flock this year so far only one of my girls has started laying but here is where my question comes in other then our eggers being fresher is there a difference in fresh and store bought eggs because my daughter can eat the eggs we get from our backyard with no problems (the whole egg yolk and all) while the store bought eggs bother her stomach

I can't answer the question, but... your eggs are fresh, your hens are getting optimal nutrition, and they are outside. Most likely the hens that produce store eggs have never been exposed to sunlight or fresh air, and their nutrition is minimal, and they are living in a very stressed environment.

It could be that your dtr. is outgrowing her egg intolerance, or simply benefitting from the superior quality of your home grown eggs. glad she's doing better.

I've been noticing I can eat eggs from my hens, but store bought had been giving me intestinal issues for quite some time.

I understand that store bought are from hens fed antibiotics etc I'm thinking fresher as well from home are not washed immediatly after being laid not like the would be from an egg produce

I've been noticing I can eat eggs from my hens, but store bought had been giving me intestinal issues for quite some time.

I understand that store bought are from hens fed antibiotics etc I'm thinking fresher as well from home are not washed immediatly after being laid not like the would be from an egg produce

I have to second the above as I have had a similar experience. Just my to cents.

Back
Top Bottom