Does it matter where I buy my chicks from

Arsone4179

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2019
Hi my name is Adam and I am new here. I joined because I want to start raising chickens for myself. I have a question about ordering chicks. I am looking at the Bielefelder breed and noticed that there is a big price difference in where you get them from. For instance, McMurray sells the day old chicks from $7 - $8 each but ten I look at another site and they want $20 - $30 per chick. I know there is a big discrepancy in the sizes of the facilities but are you really getting a better bird for $20- $30 as opposed to $7 - $8? Please enlighten me on this

Thanks in adavance
Adam

I live in the SF Bay Area. I have just started looking at the different hatcheries online but Google gives priority to the highest payer. I even typed it in Google maps and it just gives 5 in all of California. There is a Tractor Supply not to far away from where I live but I don't know if they will have what I am looking for. I'm not planning on getting chicks or eggs until next spring

I live in the SF Bay Area. I have just started looking at the different hatcheries online but Google gives priority to the highest payer. I even typed it in Google maps and it just gives 5 in all of California. There is a Tractor Supply not to far away from where I live but I don't know if they will have what I am looking for. I'm not planning on getting chicks or eggs until next spring

There are lot's of folks in your area with birds it is late in the year to get them from farm store of any sort go to Forums heading type in California or San Fransisco as a search that is your state thread

Back
Top Bottom