Does my Baby Chicken Have Splayed Leg/s?

Pickle Rick

Chirping
Oct 1, 2018
QLD Australia
can someone help, I just had a baby chicken hatch and one of her legs seem to be a little bit 'out' compared to the other one. any help? also I cant post pictures of it

No way to tell without pictures. If you're worried, hobble her anyway to correct any possible defect. Take a picture with any given camera-enabled phone, upgrade it to Imgur, and post the Imgur link here so we can look at it.
Do you just have one? You really shouldn't keep chickens alone, and you absolutely should not keep chicks alone. They're social.

No way to tell without pictures. If you're worried, hobble her anyway to correct any possible defect. Take a picture with any given camera-enabled phone, upgrade it to Imgur, and post the Imgur link here so we can look at it.
Do you just have one? You really shouldn't keep chickens alone, and you absolutely should not keep chicks alone. They're social.
I cant hobble her, I already tried to but her legs are too short to do so. I have seen other baby chickens with splayed legs, but they all look like a chicken doing the splits, mine just looks like its moved out a bit. this also happened with another baby and it healed fine without help, but it wasn't quite as major

Back
Top Bottom