Does my duck have a deformity or deficiency?

Here is a link to a really short video:

They have only been outside a few days now and I don't trust letting them forage around the yard quiet yet so there's limited space for a video. I am just waiting for my husband to be available to help me get some hobbles on her.

@Miss Lydia @CoriM we got some vet wrap hobbles on her and I got the liquid b complex today! The hobbles seem to help her keep her legs closer together even though they aren't usually taught. It seems like, without the hobbles, when she walks she takes a few ok steps but then a couple wider steps throw her off. I'm really excited to hopefully see some good progess soon!

Yes, love the great report. I would just keep the hobbles going with her for several weeks until you're more than sure she's strong enough. Nice job!

Hi there,
I also have two welsh duck sisters, and one of them has had issues since birth. It’s like safe dinosaur stomps when she walks, and sometimes limps. I’ve just been wondering lately if it’s the breed, maybe they are more susceptible to leg issues? I don’t know. I hate that they are having these issues! I hope yours is doing well.

How old are your girls? Do you know if they had adequate niacin during development, and do they get enough now? Those are the first things I would think on. I have two welsh and they are lighter weight birds. Mine haven't had any issues with their legs. I'm sorry you're struggling - it's so hard when our animals aren't doing well.

How old are your girls? Do you know if they had adequate niacin during development, and do they get enough now? Those are the first things I would think on. I have two welsh and they are lighter weight birds. Mine haven't had any issues with their legs. I'm sorry you're struggling - it's so hard when our animals aren't doing well.
Thank you very much! Mine are about four months old. Pooh is the one who has walking issues and always has. I’ve made sure she’s had adequate niacin which is why I’m so confused.

Back
Top Bottom