Does my TSC “Ameraucana”/Easter Egger Look Like A Roo?

Many breeds have chipmunk patterned down. Easter Eggers, brown Leghorns, speckled Sussex, Welsummers, for starters.
I am learning so much about chickens every day! They are so much fun. Thank you for the info :) I’m excited about having a brown leghorn even if I meant to get an Ameraucana. I got a Colombian Wyandotte instead of an Easter Egger early this year too, so I consider that a win

A brown Leghorn will be a better layer than an EE. And not all will be flighty. We've had many social Leghorns in our flock.

A brown Leghorn will be a better layer than an EE. And not all will be flighty. We've had many social Leghorns in our flock.
I have lots of good layers in my current flock, but am glad to hear they’re solid since I’m excited now about a white layer! I kind of love getting surprise breeds!

I have lots of good layers in my current flock, but am glad to hear they’re solid since I’m excited now about a white layer! I kind of love getting surprise breeds!
I like surprises, too ... but our last one was a BIG one ... literally. What was supposed to be a Black Australorp rescued from a school hatch turned out to a Jersey Giant ... and very BIG Jersey Giant ... and I have 24 ounce bantams! She's like the old cartoon, Baby Huey ... too big, very sweet and growing so quickly she can't get out of her own way ... but we love her!

Back
Top Bottom