Does this hen appear to be carring White eye genes? Thoughts, Opinions or Best Guesses :)

DylansMom

RIP 1969-2017
6 Years
Jan 10, 2014
PA
I got such wonderful info regarding my Pied hen, I thought I'd throw another one out there. Figured I should keep it out of the Great Thor/a debate thread this time. I have a black shouldered hen, who I've always thought was pure, when paired w/ BS males she has never produced chicks with white on them. Last year I put her with a Burmese Green from HopkinsAlt.Livestock, he is stated to be pure Burmese. Several chicks were produced with varying amounts of white. This spalding hen chick has the most. I gave mom a close exam and did find 2 flights with some smeary white on them. This hen was purchased from the same hatchery as the pied hen, really questioning those folks these days! So, can anyone tell what she and perhaps mom are carrying by looking at her?
She has white on her throat and head as well, but I didn't have any pics showing it.

I would bet that she might be split pied as well.

Thanks so much! That gives me a lot to think about, I would truly love to see some "loud" spalding pieds in our future. Am I correct that a pairing with a white male might be good for that?

Excellent! We've got plenty of those.
smile.png
Thank you again, Mindy

Back
Top Bottom