Does this look like the beginning stages of scaly leg mites?

Thenino

Songster
13 Years
Oct 11, 2010
Would love any advice. I got this rooster from someone and noticed the scales on its legs look strange compared to any of my roosters. This guy is exactly 1 year old if that helps. Does this look like it could be scaly leg mites? If so would you say treat and keep him or send him back and don't risk possibly infecting my flock?

Attachments

• 20210429_180619.jpg
    20210429_180619.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210429_180635.jpg
    20210429_180635.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 46
I don't know that I see any that are raised but they look like any oyster shell kind of flaky especially in the second picture. Would that be a pretty big deal if they were mites and don't risk it or treat him and keep him? What would you recommend?

I don't know that I see any that are raised but they look like any oyster shell kind of flaky especially in the second picture. Would that be a pretty big deal if they were mites and don't risk it or treat him and keep him? What would you recommend?
I would keep him. If the original owner gets him back, then its likely the next person will only not want him, or not know and get here flock infected. Roosters are hard to find homes for. If you take him back, it could the chopping black for him.

Back
Top Bottom