Does this look safe? Any flaws that you can see so I can fix them!

Yes, WELCOME! It's very cute, but will be tricky to manage. There's not enough ventilation in the 'coop' section, IMO. Will you be crawling into that run? Unfortunately, I think there are better designs, so I do hope this works out for you.
Mary
There are 3 sliding doors in the coop plus the doorway into the coop. I can detach the coop from the run, and take it off of the pressure treated 6 x 6’s it sits on. I will only keep 2-3 chickens in it as well. I could not get a large walk in run and house, most are very ugly and neighbors wouldnt like to look at it, and I only have 3 chickens.. i also made my trampoline tractor/run that I can move around the yard, but they will never be in it at night, just during the day when i am home.

1A66B954-3CC4-4283-B9CD-0672C9A3BC9B.jpeg
48DB1367-680B-444D-A98C-4D06AF4C1C57.jpeg
Gotcha, they came with the coop kit and were supposedly “proven” predator safe. Good to know. Guess I will be changing them out.

I agree about furring strips, screwed in, for the hardware cloth. Mine has 2"x4" woven wire fencing over the hardware cloth for added security.
Any latch that a child can open is easy for a raccoon! Upgrade all of them.
If you can push the coop or run around, so can a big dog. Is it all bolted to the concrete? That framing looks flimsy to me.
Adding electric fencing would be a good idea.
Mary
It is not concrete it is 18 foot pressure treated wood that it sits on. It is braced down.

BC026B4F-E32C-4220-ACB9-156C9AA6A6CD.jpeg
There are 3 sliding doors in the coop plus the doorway into the coop. I can detach the coop from the run, and take it off of the pressure treated 6 x 6’s it sits on. I will only keep 2-3 chickens in it as well. I could not get a large walk in run and house, most are very ugly and neighbors wouldnt like to look at it, and I only have 3 chickens.. i also made my trampoline tractor/run that I can move around the yard, but they will never be in it at night, just during the day when i am home.

The wood looks like it is sort of soft, maybe it would be a good idea to use a weatherproof sealer on the wood. I agree about the slider locks, you might need something that the one on the nests that can be locked with a carabiner. Many predators can slide but can't squeeze and slide.
I purchased some tompsons water seal to paint on it, it has been rainy and need it to be dry to seal it. It is chinese fir, smells like cedar and is supposed to deter bugs..

They look like slide bolt latches. Racoons can operate that kind.

I have these latches all over various coops and other cages and have never seen a Raccoon operate them. If they can operate these latches, I don't understand why they don't just open my back door and come in and help themselves to the food in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom