Does this make a royal palm?

Thanks for the complement, I didnt know he was gonna have two beards till a few months ago. I've seen wild birds harvested with mulitple beards just havent seen it in hertiage breeds.

So funny....when Norman was roosting I just HAD to look and guess what?! He has a beard. It was hiding but it's there. Lol. About 3" long and so odd and really different. I hunt and never felt this before. Maybe it is becuz he is in puberty. ..idk. BUT...today he is acting quite odd. He is puffing up and strutting along with hissing. He hasn't put his feathers down at all. Wth. Is Norma "winking"? That's horse lingo for heat. Just all of a sudden he is all bent out of shape. He doesn't attempt to ride Norma but just very territorial of his space. Just all of a sudden. I can hear him hiss from across the yard. Input plz.

Thank you for your reply and yes Norman is my Royal Palm turkey so sorry. I did speak with my chicken friend and she also confirmed that he is going through his stage of rank so to speak since there is another tom on the property along with 2 other roosters. The one rooster currently HAD rank but currently lost it as I watched Norman take that rank ever so dominantly and I must say with quite force and display. I really can't say I will want to watch my 2 Toms duke it out. Ugh.....but it was shortly thereafter my post that I noticed what he was up to. But thank you for your reply. I am learning as I go along and thanks to all of you for your holding my hand along the way.

Back
Top Bottom