Does this mean I have a goat in heat?

toddntiff

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 10, 2008
New Mexico
Okay...so I've asked a lot of questions lately...you guys are so helpful!
smile.png

So my mini-lamancha is about 5 years old. She is in milk and hasn't been breed since last year. Today I noticed the tail wagging thing, even though she's still a bit stand-offish (I just got her yesterday) and then when she peed I noticed a little bubble came first before the pee came. Are these signs that she's in heat? I wasn't planning to breed her for another month until she got use to us and her new home but I wanted to know if these were signs to watch for.

Okay so from what I've read there is about 3 weeks between heats right? So I should look again in about 3-4 weeks to get her to the buck?

Yes, it's about a 18-21 day cycle. Thing is, heat doesn't last a certain amount of time. You might have only hours once you figure out she's in heat to get her to the buck.

Mine do a lot of 'heaty' things even when they're not actually in heat. They wag their tails every time I walk outside. I've found that if they are mounting each other, producing a persistent discharge (not just wetness from urination) and their vulvas are puffy they're in heat. All of my findings have been verified by the real pros-- my bucks.
lol.png

Hello,
I have 2 nubian females, 1 1/2 years old. When they go into heat, they bleat a LOT, :eek: seek extra attention, and I notice that the Vulva is VERY VERY red. We are planning to breed them in Nov/Dec, so kids will drop in the spring. These are twins, so our probabbility of both producing twins are high. That will be then 6 nubians, and that's enough.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom