Does this mean she is broody? HELP ME!

Quote:
Yeah, I bet you dont want too do more. I did three batches this year. The first ones. Then I had a lone indian runner that I did (she died though) then these guys!im tuckered out! Lol!

UPDATE: I put one of the girls (the rouen) and the eggs in a seperate pen, shes turning them!!!!! I think she the one zs but I need to put the other two in, shes lonley. So im gonna put in a new shelter for which every ones arent broody. Does that sound good?

Sounds good to me. Now to wait and see if she starts to sit. Just dont move that nest again or she might reject it.

I did 3 as well. I did a runner and a swedish, Then 3 runners, And now my scovy and i am still having to keep the scovy inside because of her size!

I put the other two in there too. This morning I went out and there were two nests! One with three eggs (1 khaki egg, and 2 rouen) she must have moved them. Then there were nine In the other. So the khaki moved 2 rouen eggs, and then the rouen layed another one so she has nine. Im soooooooo excited!! I want little peepers running around!!!

I was gonna take the rouen eggs and hatch them in my bator, but if she wants to hatch them I would rather mother nature do the hatching, not me lol!

So are you gonna hatch eggs in spring from your runners?

Maybe one of the other ducks has decided to build a nest to? You could always take some eggs and put them in your bator just incase she doesnt go broody. Dont forget to give them some time with the males everyday so they can do their bussiness and the eggs stay fertile.

Yes I plan on hatching some runners out. I need to buy an incubator first becuase runners have a very bad reputation for being broody. But we will see. I will let them try it and if not in the bator they go. I really need to find a couple more girls to.

Well, if you dont find any more, you can always get a few mor e from metzer? Unless you want SQ?

I have pretty good quality as is. They are just back yard ducks so not worried about SQ. I was going to order from them this year and i went on and they wanted close to $70 to ship me 4 ducklings! I cancled that and scouted craigslist till i found some on there. I really want adults now though. Im still dealing with Gizmo and really dont want anymore ducks in my house at the moment.

yeah.i got the welshies and the rouens to hatch their eggs and sell ducklings. I make $40 a month from allowence I get for doing chores (im in my early teens if you havnt noiticed) and buying feed for a month costs $30 so then im down to $10. And then my phone costs $16 so I need to sell either a few ducklings or two dozen eggs everymonth to pay for everything or get rid of my phone. (and I really dont eant to get rid of my phone lol) things are tight here. But I make do for my ducks
big_smile.png
nobody else will right?

Last edited:
Right! Have to work for what you want. Im Just out of my teens and have a job but I live in an appartment and my ducks are in a pen at my mom's house. She feeds them in the morning and then i go over at night to check water and the pond and make sure everything is ok. She likes the ducks and buys things for them every now and then. Right now i am trying to keep her from "decorating" the duck pen lol. Her favorite is Gizmo though. Spoiles her rotten when i bring her over there. I need more ducks if i want to sell eggs. I dont know why my family doesnt like them
idunno.gif
I think i might have to do some baking and just not tell them which eggs i used and see if they notice. Thats what you could do! Any good at baking? You could sell baked goods for a little more money.

Yeah. Every cristmas I sell cristmas cookies. And other stuff. So ill use as many duck eggs as I can. And hopefully they will like them and maybe buy some duck eggs. I love my ducks so much. They dont love me back though, but thats ok. Lol. once im fifteen I will get a job and ill be better off. But right now its a bit rough. And the duck pen is the one place I can excape too. Lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
They have been makeing nests, and turning eggs. And my drakes were very evil to my ducklings from metzer, I put them in for a minute or two and the rouen drake grabed one by the leg and was running around with it! So I dont trust him.

Yo should NEVER trust a drake with ducklings, even if a mother duck has hatched it. The drakes will kill the ducklings so that he can re-breed the female.

Back
Top Bottom