Does this poop look normal?

@SarahGfa - how are they doing?
I think they are better! No blood for the last 2 days. Some droppings look kindof runny, but that could be due to the sulfa. Another 2 days of sulfa, and then I will give them lots of vitamins and probiotics.
Are your chicks all better?

That's great, glad to hear it! :yesss:

No, I'm still dealing with it. Their poops looked fine the last few days of the Corid maintenance dose, they finished that & now are 2 days on just vitamins/probiotics & they're back to bloody poop. It confuses me because the fecal float was negative for worms & cocci. Tomorrow I will try the Sulmet, I didn't want to give antibiotics if I didn't have to but I have nothing else to try. :confused:

That's great, glad to hear it! :yesss:

No, I'm still dealing with it. Their poops looked fine the last few days of the Corid maintenance dose, they finished that & now are 2 days on just vitamins/probiotics & they're back to bloody poop. It confuses me because the fecal float was negative for worms & cocci. Tomorrow I will try the Sulmet, I didn't want to give antibiotics if I didn't have to but I have nothing else to try. :confused:
Oh, no! I hope the sulmet works for you. Maybe they needed to be on Corid maintenance dose for longer?

Oh, no! I hope the sulmet works for you. Maybe they needed to be on Corid maintenance dose for longer?
Honestly I don't know anymore. They were on Corid for 15 days, from all I read that should way more than do it! & there was the negative fecal float - that puzzles me. I'm hoping they have cocci that are not treated by Corid, the lab messed up the fecal & the Sulmet will fix it all. What are my chances? LOL

Honestly I don't know anymore. They were on Corid for 15 days, from all I read that should way more than do it! & there was the negative fecal float - that puzzles me. I'm hoping they have cocci that are not treated by Corid, the lab messed up the fecal & the Sulmet will fix it all. What are my chances? LOL
Did the lab test for bacteria? I think cocci can mess up the gut which leads to enteritis or bacterial infection. Sulmet would help that since it is an antibiotic.

@SarahGfa I'm not sure if they tested for that or not, they never sent me the results, I only spoke with them on the phone. I should call & ask for it in an email.

I have had the suspicion that maybe this all did a number on their gut, I was hoping the probiotics would help. I'm glad to hear that the Sulmet will help with that, if that's what it is. I'm getting frustrated, but thankfully they are all acting 100% normal & aren't sickly!

Do you have any idea if I can give probiotics with the Sulmet or if I should wait?

@SarahGfa I'm not sure if they tested for that or not, they never sent me the results, I only spoke with them on the phone. I should call & ask for it in an email.

I have had the suspicion that maybe this all did a number on their gut, I was hoping the probiotics would help. I'm glad to hear that the Sulmet will help with that, if that's what it is. I'm getting frustrated, but thankfully they are all acting 100% normal & aren't sickly!

Do you have any idea if I can give probiotics with the Sulmet or if I should wait?
Oh good if they are acting normal they can't be too sick! Sulmet is an antibiotic so you are supposed to wait until after, for the probiotics. I got the instructions from here (you can still buy more too)
https://allbirdproducts.com/products/trimethoprim-sulfa-powder

Back
Top Bottom