Does this price for this amount of land sound right to you?

Laskaland wrote: ...looks like a flood waiting to happen

Yes, bottoms and bluff cliffs. If you are really interested buy the County's most recent plat book (if KY requires those). If the property includes a bit of the acreage atop the bluff, it might be worth looking into. Also want to know who and what is upstream (chicken heads floating past, etc. - cue the blind kid with the banjo). There is a chance that flooding isn't a problem, but I'd peruse the records and talk with a few locals in the area not associated with the seller (see if they have a conservation committee or something like it).

Good luck!​

2500-3000 acre here for pasture land, 1000 for hills and hollows,
40 ac with 2500sqft home with 5acre pond 10stall barn 400,000. (they've been 4sale for 4 years)

If it is in a flood zone, just make sure you build up on the hills. Be sure and buy flood insurance though. Otherwise, if there are no restrictions imposed by being an inset property into federal land then it sounds like a good deal.

Just make sure you have legal access. I have some properties that cannot be reached without crossing an Indian reservation. When they close those roads, they are totally cut off.

Arizona, where I live, has some really pathetic, over priced land miles from the nearest drop of water. For that kind of money, you can't buy anything decent here.

I say "do it."

Rufus

It seems like a fair number of acres are prone to flooding along the river. I would want to know if the remaining acres are buildable/liveable (acess from road, etc.)

Other concerns about bringing in electricty , water, sewer, etc.

Why hasn't anyone lived on this property since the well was drilled??

I would talk to ALL the neighbors first!!!

Good Luck!!

Quote:
A few years back I bought 7.75 acres of land 60 miles to the south of you for $24,500 an acre.

And to think that my dad sold 60 acres in 1970 for a $1,000 an acre... makes me ill.

#1California Chick :

Other concerns about bringing in electricty , water, sewer, etc.

Not everyone has to live with electricity, water and sewer.

We have neither city water or sewer.

Propane works wonders for the bit of power folks really need.​

Back
Top Bottom