Does this say "DE wing"?

what is wrong with these people, i know they say 'we don't recomend these services'-well then why do you offer them, thats just sick, not to mention animal abuse-no two ways about it, wonder why no one has ever had some one like the aspca look into that, that is just absolutely sick, I will NEVER order from them again and support their business practices-and guys check where your local Big-R store gets their spring chicks from, sadly I think mine orders from these idiots-thats like having your arms or legs cut off-it really makes no sense-

alright guys-(my update)-apparently therre are a few threads on here about it-and ITS DOWNRIGHT SICK-they cut off the end of the chicks wing with a fast moving sawblade that cuts and coterizes, they will never fly, and that is the most sick thing i have ever heard to do to a chick, absolutely pointless cruel and disgusting, their babies for gods sake, we should all check more careful which hatcheries offer this 'service', and let them know what we think, and until they remove that 'service' that we will no longer be buying from them, its the best way to get it stopped-you know its not widely accepted and a 'hush hush' topic when you do multiple searches on it only to come up with the forums from this site and ideal hatchery, that right there says its wrong-

Last edited:
Even though I wouldn't order the "extra service," the hatchery may be preventing some nasty botched jobs done at home by people that shouldn't have anything sharper than a butter knife.

Quote:
yes but, what is the point in it anyways, there is none, i don't care if its geese or whatever may try to leave, if your reponsible, you give them a good pen with a top or learn the humane way of keeping them from flight, which is to learn to cute the correct flight feathers, PAINLESS and is easily done once you learn, AND only has to be done on one wing-this is one more reason I can't stand it when people don't do their research or think about how it would feel to do the equivelent to them-and if they request this 'service' in the first place its because they wouldn't be able to stand to do it themselves-so the people who order it are just as sick as the hatcheries that offer it-

Quote:
I would never have it done to a chicken, or any other domestic bird. Most exotic waterfowl must be pinioned by law. It is an evil necessary if you choose to keep certain species. At least it has a purpose unlike docking puppies tails or dew claws. I know there are arguments for both of these, but it is for cosmetic reasons.

Quote:
It says they "don't recommend these services IN SMALL FLOCKS"

I clip my chickens wing feathers otherwise they end up in the dog pen as dog chow.

Quote:
I would never have it done to a chicken, or any other domestic bird. Most exotic waterfowl must be pinioned by law. It is an evil necessary if you choose to keep certain species. At least it has a purpose unlike docking puppies tails or dew claws. I know there are arguments for both of these, but it is for cosmetic reasons.

-This-
this is no different the de-clawing a cat- I hate the vets that do it but understand it is a requirement in some types of apartments/rental units I just think that that some people just shouldn't have animals in the situations where this is required.

That is my opinion, like the 'show' Tigers and lions that have there canines and claws removed too- *sick* and it doesn't make them any safer to be around... *karma, invokes Karma*

---
I have seen some types of dogs with undocked tails that should have been docked, (it was a runt English setter) can be maintenance issue- chop it of before it turns to crumbled painful mess

Guide dog Visulas (spelling) have docked tails because the tails are so brittle that the tails would have multiple breaks i nit just from hitting objects.

Back
Top Bottom