Does this seem like a coincidence? Possible stolen picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Year of the Rooster

Sebright Savvy
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
West Central Ohio
I was just on google looking at pictures of Sebrights and I came across this website that sells binders and other objects with "cute" designs on it. One of them has a Sebright roosters on it and looks almost identical to mine. Here is the product they are selling: http://www.zazzle.com/sebright_bantam_rooster_binder-127095303305694070

And here is my original picture.

What do you think?

Last edited:
It's a Sebright - that's what they look like.
idunno.gif
Spurs and comb are different from those on your rooster.

Holy cow............

If you ask me, it appears that they found your picture, flipped it, and cartoonized it. o_o They look identical. Even down to that one saddle feather that bends, at the base of the tail...

Quote:

It's not a COPY of your picture, and that is all that really matters
There's no way you could claim they "stole" it from you

x3

what it means is you have a rooster that fits the type, although I would note that the combs are different

Well I pulled up the two of them and compared them, same size to fit, changing the transparency to see if they rearlly are such, and -

The head, tail, pose, and tail feather arrangement are the same, sure, but they likely just used it as inspiration. The lacing is different, the illustration's bird is in better condition (wing feathers and back aren't roughed up) and the eyes are slightly different.

I think they were just using your photo as a reference and taking comparative size/shape from it. Technically they did copy and use your image but they're not the same nor "stolen" by law.

Interesting that they found your photo!

Well I pulled up the two of them and compared them, same size to fit, changing the transparency to see if they rearlly are such, and -

The head, tail, pose, and tail feather arrangement are the same, sure, but they likely just used it as inspiration. The lacing is different, the illustration's bird is in better condition (wing feathers and back aren't roughed up) and the eyes are slightly different.

I think they were just using your photo as a reference and taking comparative size/shape from it. Technically they did copy and use your image but they're not the same nor "stolen" by law.

Interesting that they found your photo!

If my picture had been water-marked, would that have made any difference do you think? What irks me the most is that they're making money off of these binders.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom