Does this work for mice??

No, not that particular brand, but I have tried repeating mouse traps like that one. They are effective, but messy if you don't empty them regularly (think dead mice half eaten by other mice - ICK!) and you need to be careful when you do empty them as the little guys are quite understandably desperate to be free and jump quite well when you open the trap.

I just use old fashion snap traps for a quick death.

My parents had one of those when I was a kid. It was pretty effective at catching them. It was the kids' job to carry the thing to a big empty field several blocks away and let them loose.

I think that's the Ketch-All, right? I have that trap. It worked great when I had to deal with a relatively bad mouse problem, but it didn't seem to be as effective when their numbers were low (the tiny Havahart live traps worked better in that situation). Other byc'ers have reported great results with the Ketch-all. It works on curiosity of the mice and once one gets captured others are attracted. Like all live traps you have to check it regularly.

To be honest with you NO - I haven;t used that kind of trap. I know mice are a pain I have them and do a cull every so often. I think most of us get them while we have chicken feed about.

Thing is the way I see it is that they are living breathing creatures and - I personally cannot abide cruelty. So I go for the instant death snap trap. They are very affective and immediate. The only thing is you must put them in a place your chickens wont stand on them because they WILL break their toes!!!!!!

I cannot imagine any reason to let an animal suffer for any length of time what ever they have done. I like the idea of letting them go over the field!!!!!!! Except mine would probably follow me home and be waiting for me on the doorstep!!!!!!
( I have a soft spot for the theiving little critters that get in my feed store!!!)

Oesdog

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom