Emrosenagel

Chirping
Oct 2, 2020
hello!

My 9 month old bantam has been having problems with her crop and possibly other things. We got an xray yesterday and they saw nothing strange. Today, I went to another vet who actually showed us the xray. She said my hen has a mass in her reproductive organs, possibly a tumor or possibly an infection. She told us the reproductive tract was enlarged and pushing the gizzard, which she explained was why his crop won’t really empty. So now I’m confused at which vet was right? Can anyone tell me if this looks abnormal or not?

Ps. My hen is still laying perfect eggs everyday. Just a little lethargic, full crop but not hard, and she convulses all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_6666.jpeg
    IMG_6666.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 45
The egg is inside her! 😍 See it where the arrow is? That's her egg. 🥰

I don't really see anything amiss here. On her crop, what is the problem? Is she emptying it at night? Is she often trying to rearrange it (thrushing head to the side, etc.)? Is it enlarged, solid, and/or not emptying at night?

The egg is inside her! 😍 See it where the arrow is? That's her egg. 🥰

I don't really see anything amiss here. On her crop, what is the problem? Is she emptying it at night? Is she often trying to rearrange it (thrushing head to the side, etc.)? Is it enlarged, solid, and/or not emptying at night?
Yeah, she doesn’t empty at night. It isn’t hard, more squishy, but she doesn’t have stink breath like sour crop (a little gassy though). She is constantly jerking around and convulsing her crop, to the point it looks painful. She acts fairly normal, still laying, but one vet seemed concerned that her reproductive tract was enlarged, the other said there wasn’t anything wrong. Her poops are small but brown, wetter than normal but not green or anything. It’s just all so odd!

Back
Top Bottom