Does wanting to live different mean I am such a mean mom?

We would love for him to live with us (as totally huge a responsability as it would be), but both his parents use him as a bargaining chip and honestly I want nothing to do with either of them, the father is one of the worst people I've ever known, the mother is off trying to strike it rich in a new spouse. His grandmother is a very nice lady, I like her a lot, but she doesn't go "do" things with him like kids need-hence the video games. We just try to spend time with him whenever we can, I have a feeling he'll come live with us when he turns 18 and gets to make his own decisions.

In any event, I'm expecting my first, so we'll see if we make good parents, our nephew just found out and was really bummed: he has learned that most new things and people are very threatening to how much time he gets with adults. We made it clear he will have some responsability to help us with our kids, to be an example, to help babysit and to watch out for them... that seemed to make hm feel better, knowing we want his help and plan to include him. This sounds so sad... Its sick that any kids have to grow up with his insecurities.

Anyway, I won't continue this off the thread topic anymore. I guess my overall point was that video games/over saturation in technology do serve as a way for kids or adults to limit interaction and communication in relationships, so much technology is very introverted and it may be hiding or contributing toward many relationship problems. I guess technology or video games, though not devoid of danger, is a little better than total juvenile deliquency and acting out, it just may be harder to identify it as a cry for attention/interaction.

Back
Top Bottom