1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does your hen take all day to lay her egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by McGoo, Dec 14, 2007.

1. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

My gals are so funny and so very different - some need to read the NY times cover to cover before they can lay their egg. They sit and read and get up and go out and eat a little, come back in and squawk and bring a friend with them.... it goes on and on. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And then there are others who just hop up into the nesting box for 5 - 10 minutes and before you even know it, they're back out scratching away and the egg is right where it belongs.
    And I've got one gal who insists on laying her egg right in the middle of the coop... go figure. [​IMG] I love her anyway - she's a little mentally and physically challenged. All the other chooks seem to understand and work with her.

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, you just gotta love those pretty hens. I have one that lays behind a bale of straw in the coop.....she has her own personal spot. [​IMG]

bigzio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by