does your hens try to follow you in your house?

Gonzo

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Southwestern, In
I have this one white orp that I did'nt know was stalking me, and the screen door hit her! It did'nt hurt her, I did'nt even know she was there until I caught her flying off the porch out of the corner of my eye! She's no dummy! She knows where momma keeps the treats!
lau.gif

Our chicken will wait at the front door (for treats presumably) and if it gets left open they will make themselves right at home. I came home one day to my rooster and one of his hens perched on the back of the couch! He even crowed at me when I came in.
roll.png

Try? They make it into the house. Run quickly to the cat food dish, scarf up as much as they can before they get caught and then hightail it out the door.
lol.png

Gonzo My white orp roo will stand at the back door, facing the door, and crow! It's like he's saying come out and play with me! I'm sorry! I think chickens are such characters! I can't get enough of them! It's like have little kids running around!

Last edited by a moderator:
TRY?? They waltz in like they own the place.
Queenie and Rooster come in all the time!
Even the skerdy cat Leghorns have decided to make themselves at home here lately!!

I have often left the back door open for the dog/cats to come and go while I'm working in the kitchen, or just to let in fresh air so the chickens just come right on in!

I have one hen that follows me everywhere I go. She flollows me from the coop all the way around my house to my garage. Wnhenever I am outside she will be right theren with me. Today I was trying to shovel some dirt and she kept getting in front of me and on the shovel. I would push her away and even pick her up and move her some place else but she would be right back with me. My son wanted to know why is it that she has to go everywhere with me.

I have one Buff Orpington that is always trying to follow me out of the run. One day I rushed through the door/gate, closed it quickly and turned around to see the BO standing BEHIND me!!! I still don't know how she beat me out the door. Luckily she is very tame, so I just picked her up and put her back in the run. However, I usually BACK out the door now so that I can keep my eye on her!

my daughter left the screen door open this summer. i went running in the house to grab something and caught something odd out of the corner of my eye. a chicken was roosting on the back of my kitchen chair. i had to take a double take. i thought it was the funniest darn thing. she must have waltzed right in and decided that lloked like a great spot to take a nap!

Back
Top Bottom