1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does your post office think you are crazy?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by equine chick, May 20, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I've been ordering eggs the last two months on a regular basis. I have chicks coming tomorrow. I called to tell them about the chicks coming and they said "So you are the lady that gets all the eggs". I could tell she thought this must be the crazy egg lady. I live in a rural community that is mostly dairy, why does receiving chicks and eggs in the mail seem so far fetch? Ask me If I care being known as the chicken lady, nope not a bit.

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I make my hubby go pick up all my stuff - [​IMG] People in town think HE's the nutty one!

3. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Same here. When I went in about 3 weeks ago, the guy looked at me and said "yep, it's about time for eggs isn't it?" I drive them crazy calling to find out if my eggs have arrived [​IMG].

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Around the time of the chick sale we had chicks coming everyday. I remember after about the 4th or 5th order of chicks they called and said "You have more chicks again, please come get them, when are you going to stop getting birds". It was funny, the person had a monotone voice so it made it funny.

5. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Everyone who works at our post office is so rude.. We live in a small town and I have to say they are the most unfriendly people. It really is so sad they treat everyone like the are stupied. I think we all bother them I have really thought about calling the postmaster, but he is juat as bad. I am sure it would not help.

6. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Ahhh...nope, they don't think I'm crazy, they KNOW I'm crazy (for my chicks and my eggs). But since they know I call them, and get there etc., to get my chicks or eggs, they pretty well know, my little guys/gals better be happy and peeping when I get there. TeHe! They keep them right by their leg. And if they are eggs, I can understand if one or three breaks, but a whole dozen. Nah, I dont' give them any flack they try to be as careful as possible. :)Although I'm not so sure about the post office where they came from etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by