Does your Roo ever sound like a coffee maker?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by FisherMOM, Jul 25, 2008.

1. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    HA Ha! Rusty sounds like a coffee maker when Midnight needs to lay an egg. It is so funny! I tried to video it.

Does you Roo make weird noises?

2. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    what kind of a coffee maker.. ? pop perculator or the sucking sound of the newer style?

I dont have a rooster... But I did think of you yesterday.. we went fishing for the first time this year.. didnt catch a thing we were told that this morning would have been a great time, something to do with the tides not changing for a couple of days.. but we didnt want to get out early.. But he we had fun!

ok back to your thread.. hijack compleated... [​IMG]

did you get the video?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    My big guy makes the sound of the percolator all the time.

I love to hear them talking to each other.

I just got a serious scolding from Donna the dominique when I visited the chicken run without bring her anything extra special for a treat... [​IMG]

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    LOL!!! That's so funny....mine sounded like a dying duck when he was first learning to crow!

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I can't even describe my SLW's relatively new crowing, but it sounds like there is helium involved. [​IMG]

6. FisherMOM

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    I am uploading a video now... actually 2.
    One is of his coffeemaker impersonation, the other video is of one day Midnight needed to lay an egg and Rusty tries to convince her that this box is OK.

I am FisherMOM on Youtube too.

When they are done uploading, I will share links.

The first one... of coffeemaker Rusty, sadly, my video card filled up and that is why it is only a short video!

7. FisherMOM

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    here is a link to the video.. it is short. Midnight was getting in the cat carrier to try and lay an egg.

8. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    WOW It really does sound like a coffee maker. Mine crows like normal but you have to be right next to him to hear it. [​IMG]

9. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    I wonder if my DH would perfer the cofee maker noice to the crowing. Although my roo only crows around five thirty am and then I don't hear again for the rest of the day. Maybe thats becasue my minorcas have turned out to be midgets. [​IMG]

10. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    To funny!!! My little 10 week old Salmon Favorelle Cockerel sounds just like a horse whinney. I will have to try to record it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by