Does your rooster....

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
crow to get your attention? Only one of my roosters is crowing so far. He crows like clockwork at the break of dawn, but he also crows whenever he hears us talking. I think it's hilarious, my SO however is less than amused.
tongue.png

Yes we had 1 that crowed when ever it saw my brother. I thought it was pretty funny. However, He was less than amused about it.
tongue.png

Mine usually start crowing between 3:30-4:00am, and continue on until around 8:00am. Not constant, but I have 5 roosters, so they all take their turns.

They will also start crowing when they hear me or my son walking towards their pen. 4 out of 5 roosters can't see me unless I am actually in the pen, but they will all start crowing. I think the 1 that is loose tips the other roosters off, and the rest join in. (The others are show birds, so they are in individual pens).

I am pretty sure my boys crow to get my attention ...or when they hear me stirring around in the mornings ..Obe, especially, will start when he hears me get up to go potty. Ben crows just so I'll pick him up ...walks right up to me and lets out his best bellowing crow ...waits ..lets another blow ...seems to get louder and more obnoxious until I reach down and get him. He's a mess! ..that one!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom