Does your roosters let you do this ?

StormyMoon

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Alvarado, TX
My daughters are forever dressing our Buff Orpington Roo up in doll clothes , he falls asleep while they are playing with him and doesn't even try to escape.
He even follows them around till they pick him up and carry him around.
56092_henryd1_01.jpeg

Wow lol, how long did you have him before he did that?

He hasn't ever gotten on our backs he just begs to be carried around, the girls put him in strollers, and push him around the yard he acts very priss for a roo lol.
He has 20 ladies hens he stays with though maybe that's enough for him... we got him last summer he has always been super nice.

They groom him and fold his feathers back over his head, the first time I saw this he was totally limp on my daughters lap I thought he was dead.
When I touched him he looked at me like I just disturbed him from a deep sleep, or looked at me like " WHAT " lol

Henry was about 6 or 7 months old when I got him last year in July so he will be a yr and 4 months something like that.

He is always interested in the hens we currently have him put up in his run, cause we are trying to breed our BR hens with BR rooster.
We have about 8 roosters but I wanted to hatch BO more so he is usually out more than the others.

I hope he don't get like that the kids really love him a lot, even the hens follow us around like crazy.

Here is a video of him following my oldest daughter around.

My kids are 10 , 11, 13, 15 and 18 yrs old, the 11, 13 and 18 yr old are my girls they play with him more the boys aren't as interested in them as the girls are.

I would worry a lot if they were really young but since they are older I am not worried about it, we have talked a lot about respecting them and giving them their space to be chickens. He will come sit on my lap if i am outside and just go to sleep he just loves the attention.

Back
Top Bottom