Dog attack chicken

Msilas

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2020
My poor chicken has wounds I cleaned a put triple antibiotic cream on them some skin is missing in places. The bird is eating and drinking but I wanted to give ATB 2x daily to prevent infection. Is LA 200 ok to give

CAN you spot pictures? Where is the bird setup? Keep him separated in your house where it is warm. Clean the wounds with a sterile solution or wound cleanser. You can use Saline, Clohexadine, Vetrycin, or any wound cleanser. Even warm soapy water works. I have no idea about the LA 200 but I wouldn't give it for now. DON"T WRAP THE WOUNDS. Is he in shock? What od you mean by ATB? Put sugar, or electrolytes in his water if possible.

ATB=Antibiotics I don’t think she’s in shock at this point anymore I think she was earlier but I have her in the house in a small animal carrier with bedding. She did lay an egg without a shell. Are you wanting to see pics of the wounds with all the feathers that kinda difficult to do but you can see muscle in 2 places

Last edited:
ATB=Antibiotics I don’t think she’s in shock at this point anymore I think she was earlier but I have her in the house in a small animal carrier with bedding. She did lay an egg without a shell. Are you wanting to see pics of the wounds with all the feathers that kinda difficult to do but you can see muscle in 2 places
People will always be able to give more informed advice if they can see the wound. Can you move the feathers out of the way? If they are getting in the wound, they most likely should be trimmed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom