Dog Attack

To utilize a skin flap associated with a severe injury, you must clean the wound with complete thoroughness, finishing up with saline rinsing. This preps the raw tissue and restores proper ph.

Did you absorb how I get the flap to stay in place with the antibiotic ointment? I did this with a hen who had suffered scalping by a rooster. Her scalp was hanging off her head but still attached by a skin "hinge". After cleaning, I gooped on the ointment, stuck the flap down in place, then squeezed out a generous amount over the top of the flap to hold it in place.

The entire point of the ointment is to protect the wound from accumulating bacteria. It worked very well for my hen and her head healed with the skin graft in record time.

I gave each hen a half tablet (250 mg) of Metronidazole. It's a broad spectrum antibiotic that treats a variety of bacterial infections. I had a whole bottle that was recently prescribed by my vet for my dog which wasn't needed. Unless someone can give me a good reason not to use it, I'll just stick with it.

Picked up some of this... Anyone ever used it?

20230329_092434.jpg

Back
Top Bottom