Dog attacked Baby Sitter

Quote:
That was the most shocking comment from the whole shocking story. Obviously this lady has a pack of screws missing.
somad.gif

Yep...

The dogs owner belongs in the pound, I also feel any dog that is around children needs very training, I don't care what size the animal is
any dog can and will bite unless they know they are never ever to even think it. My pit was a terrible handful as a 6 to 8 month old who was never around anyone or any thing tied out back to a shed with no food or water when I went to get her., when she arrived home she thought she ran the roost, with me and my Shepard as well.
She sent my 108lb German Shepard for stitch's a few times, and she weighed maybe 50 lbs at the time. But she was relentlessly trained to stop the naughty behavior, she's been great for the rest of her time with us 12 1/2 years now. she takes a great deal of time to socialize with other animals, when I got my boxer it took several weeks before she accepted him. and my original white Shepard female was even longer, now we did the cats and that took 2 months, of socializing, with a muzzle on and constant supervision and redirection.
PitBulls are loyal, great dogs but can be a handful, and definitely need consistent training, and socialization. I would do it all over again anytime they are actually quite sweet loving animals in the right home. Problem is most of them don't end up in the right home.
heres my Tigger with the kids.
81831_img_0448_3.jpg

and one of my Shepard Brandy and Tigger a few months after we got Tigger
81831_ab05.jpg

That's awful, crazy lady!!!

poor kid, she sound too young to have understood animals ect.

remind me of the time, we had the two cops and CAS at our door.. (I think that's your CPS?)

This was we had no kids, just me and a roomy, two rotti dogs, they were huge and hers...

So knock knock at the door, here's two officers and CAS worker, they had a complaint, that we were abusing our kids.. Two 20 year old cocktail waiterses no kids lol... So they came in searched the house, took our id, ran it i'm assuming... But we had the two rotti right.. So my roommate when the cops came in closed them in a room. They were 100 pounds and protective...

The police officers searching doing their jobs, went to walk in the room and she's like wait my dogs are in there.. He opened the door and walked in.. Her and I ran, to grab them.. (Thank-fully there was two of us one person could not hold two dogs) We put them right outside, so the officers could continue...

It was a tense moment, as the officers have the right to shoot a dog like that charging them, were just doing their job.. They didn't know us, received a complaint.. And need to search the rooms as quick as possible i'm assuming.. Later we figured that a passerby, saw her grab one of the dogs out've the window.. We had a big picture window and they would get barking at every little dog that went by..

dogs behind doors, you never know what's really on the other side till you open it!

Quote:
Beautiful dogs, GhostRider65! And that is how I feel about pit type dogs. They need to be in a proper home with people who know how to handle them. And they aren't the only breeds like that... Dogs like Chows can also be notoriously aggressive in the wrong home (I heard of one lady with a Chow that was scared of her own dog when it grew up). We have a German Shepherd pup who is quite a handful right now, we finished an 8 week puppy training class with him at the end of Feb and towards the end of this month we will be going to the 8 week regular obedience class. Because I want this dog to be well behaved and am willing to admit that I don't have that much experience training dogs so I want help to make sure it is done right. I love him, and figure he will be more loveable to others if he has manners. Not to mention that he is about 27" tall and 76.4 pounds at seven months and when he is done growing if he tries to jump on me I'd probably be knocked flying
roll.png
So far no aggression towards people or other animals, and I want to keep it that way.

I don't know, depending on the amount of injuries I could understand 2 dogs that were in a room with a child they considered someone they need to protect and charging at an open door before realizing "oops, she's not a threat" and then try to comfort her afterwards. Especially if they were trained/encouraged to do so from the owners. Some dogs do act first, think later.

Quote:
I understand what the dogs may have been doing but I don't understand the STRICTLY unsupervised babysitting of a dog in a child's room. I would never in a million years leave my dog alone with any other living creature locked up in a room alone for hours upon hours. Let alone a human child.

Back
Top Bottom