Dog Attacked chicken... infection?

-Kiwi-

eepy thing =w=
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2020
your walls ;3
My dog attacked one of my hens. I think she has a broken jaw as its not straight and she can't move it, and I think shes in a lot of pain. She won't eat but she drinks, and yesterday I noticed thick yellow pus leaking from her eyes and mouth and I'm afraid a bad infection is brewing. I don't know how to cull but right now I think she has a chance as she still walks around some and seems to have some energy. Is there any kind of pain meds/antibiotics guys recommend?

Sorry to hear about your hen. You could try to take her to the vet.. pus is a sign infection. Or at least call a vet. If she is unable to eat because she can't open her mouth.. she will starve. There is a few ways to cull her but you should think about what you want to do first.. is it worth saving her?

Sorry to hear about your hen. You could try to take her to the vet.. pus is a sign infection. Or at least call a vet. If she is unable to eat because she can't open her mouth.. she will starve. There is a few ways to cull her but you should think about what you want to do first.. is it worth saving her?
There aren't any vets that take chickens around here :( . I'm taking my dog in on Friday and I can ask for a feeding tube and perhaps ask for antibiotics but they wont take her in and look at her.

Back
Top Bottom