Dog attacked chicken!!

CAN ANYONE HELP???  it's my first time on this site.  
A pit bull got into my yard and attacked my 1 yr old chicken, Bronte.  all her lacerations healed up except the ones with broken bone coming out.  She is eating and active but I need these wounds to heal.  I do not have the fund for a vet and have been doing at home care for her myself.  
Do you know of anyone who can help me get help for her?  She deserves her fighting chance...

Where is the broken bone. Compound fractures can be very dangerous with risk of bone infection. Are you cleaning the wound with anything? Betadine, Chlorhexidene, and saline are good for wound care, followed by plain neosporin ointment. Vetericyn wound spray is also very good instead. Unfortunately if it is a broken leg with a bone protruding, it probably needs vet care. How long ago did this happen?

I have a question we have pet chickens we had a dog attack today one of the girls has exposed meat around where her wing. She is very lethargic and just sits with her eyes closed she fell over when I try to let her stand. How do I kill her this is not something I give much thought to since starting my flock 4 years ago I don't want her to suffer.

Back
Top Bottom