Dog barking in the car

Quote:
I'm sorry but that is hilarious. I had a boston terrier that roller her own head up in the window once. And a boxer that was convinced one day he would catch the wipers.
smile.png

I think Reno figured out the horn accidentally. I think he went to bark, and set his paws on the horn. Boy, big noise, how fun!! The big round thing barks with me! LOL It was really embarrassing when I was registering my son for pre-school, and a guy comes in and says, "your dog is blowing the horn out there."
barnie.gif

Quote:
I would muzzle him while you are in the car. It will help to control the noise. And you don't have to leave it on him all the time. That's probably why they had him muzzled so much-- excessive barking.

My shelty had learned that if she stood on the horn long enough when I left I would come running back out. I would leave the windows open and she could jump out if she wanted but she knew she wasnt supposed to. So she just found another way to get mommy back. lol People would laugh when she did it.

Quote:
I would muzzle him while you are in the car. It will help to control the noise. And you don't have to leave it on him all the time. That's probably why they had him muzzled so much-- excessive barking.

IMO it is much better to address the root of the problem rather than muzzle the dog and frustrate and stress him even more.

JMO of course.

Quote:

He was muzzled because he bit a bum that the then owner said attacked him. Buddy was quaranteened for 2 weeks, and then released back to the owner under the condition that Buddy was muzzled in public. That's the reason, I am sure, that Buddy now has some fear aggression issues. He was forced to walk all day with his owner through town amongst all the travellers and their dogs (huge problem here) while wearing a tight-fitting nylon muzzle. No matter how hot the weather, he could not pant, and I rarely saw the guy give him water. Everyone in town felt sorry for Buddy, and the woman that runs a rescue organization bought him a basket muzzle, which the guy refused to use
he.gif
. In any event, I will not muzzle him unless he's at the vet's and is acting like he needs it.

Back
Top Bottom