Dog chat!

Which of these dog breeds do do you prefer?

• Total voters
idk how high is high honestly, I just know it's a thing to be conscious of. you could always dilute the broth you are using with a little water if it concerns you

Softening with homemade salt free broth would be super yummy, but if you only have canned, plain warm water is fine too. Extra sodium is probably hard on the kidneys. If the softened food isn't tempting enough, a little boiled chicken or rice is usually appreciated and is easy to digest.

Tips on feeding an elderly dog. Trying to go easy on her teeth... She doesn't like wet food either :sick
Besides what has been mentioned already...try adding scrambled egg, cooked ground meats, cooked rice, cooked oatmeal.
If you pressure cook cheap cuts of meat to tenderize it, then run thru a food processor you can freeze portions of meat and broth to thaw when needed.
Adding 1/2 cup meat /broth to 1 cup dry food is ample for a senior dog meal. The broth flavors and soften the dry food.
Senior dogs need less feed per day than when in their prime. There are senior dog formulas of dry food that are easier on the senior's digestive system

This is my gorgeous little pal
He's a rescue Kelpie:)

IMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0715.PNG
IMG_7813.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_8337.JPG
IMG_8339.JPG

Besides what has been mentioned already...try adding scrambled egg, cooked ground meats, cooked rice, cooked oatmeal.
If you pressure cook cheap cuts of meat to tenderize it, then run thru a food processor you can freeze portions of meat and broth to thaw when needed.
Adding 1/2 cup meat /broth to 1 cup dry food is ample for a senior dog meal. The broth flavors and soften the dry food.
Senior dogs need less feed per day than when in their prime. There are senior dog formulas of dry food that are easier on the senior's digestive system
good info, I was going to ad more but got lazy lol. I like to cook a little cheep high fat hamburger and make gravy with the fat and mix it with the dry food sometimes for my oldest girl, she's a little over 11 now If I remember right

Back
Top Bottom