Dog Eating Chicken Poop

We renamed our dachshund HOOVER. Can't stop her, try not let it drive me crazy. The worst part is she's such a snuggle bug. Loves to cuddle up to you and lick your face
sickbyc.gif

Mine really don't seem to want to eat chicken poop. Weird, huh???

Though my first dog used to try for ktity crunchies, so we got a covered cat box to help prevent that.

But they do steal chicken FOOD if I don't hang the feeders up in the coop quick enough (neither of the dogs ventures into the coop without me there to protect them from Mr Red the rooster)
My Lab mix aka Mr. Can-I-Eat-That? even tried to eat some scratch one day - just coz the chickens were going crazy for it then it must be good, right? lol

i'm glad to find out that my dog is not the only weird one

i have three dogs but my maltese is the only one that does this....she goes crazy for chicken poo and cat poo...she drags it out of their litter box... and it SMELLS

Yep my dog eats there poop too. I can not stop it since she is out with them all morning and a good portion of the evening. She is chicken friendly and thinks their her babies.

they eat it to get the bacteria out of it for there stomach. they will also eat grass when there stomach hurts to make themselves vomit.

Back
Top Bottom