Dog got in pen.... HELP PLEASE!!!!! PICS

like I stated earlier,

And she is trained and certified in:
On/Off Leash Obedience, Personal Protection, Advanced Agility, Soft Mouth Retrieval, and Canine Good Citizen. (I worked at a dog training facility for two years and brought her to work with me every day)

You can't train instincts out of a dog....

no prob.
smile.png

she is trained. very well trained. she just becomes this other dog when she is around chickens and horses...it's like she has two personalities. she just can't control herself. I don't have the time (with 3 very young children, about to have my 4th) to sit out there and watch her every moment of the day. if we're out there, and catch her messing with the chickens, we just say "Sydni!" and she stops. if we're not there, it's a different story.
I don't think she means to physically harm them, she just can't help herself and just plays rough with them and keeps messing with them until they die.

she stays on the porch by the door 95% of the time, night and day. (because I am inside, and she is obsessed with me). So, we're just keeping her on a horse lead tied to the railing where she can't get off to mess with the chickens/etc when we're not paying attention. When I am outside, she follows me around everywhere and follows us on the 4-wheelers (we have 67 acres). In the evening, when I'm outside, I'll let her off the lead so she can run around and follow me, and I can keep an eye on her. She won't mess with the chickens if I am there with her. (well, I'm sure she'll forget and try to every now and then, but all I have to do is say her name)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom