Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Email offers both of you a readily available and more definitive timeline of events and removes the "if I recall correctly" issue from conversations. Also often preferred because it doesn't rely on someone's immediate availability like a phone call. Probably better for his recordkeeping when it's time for him to present info for court in a situation like this where timelines of steps taken come into play.

I know you have the game cameras on the trails, I still believe a small video system which records direct to a DVR would aid you in a court issue. It would not be used to document the incursions on the trails (your game cams have done good job there), it would be used to show them harassing the livestock and engaging around the barn and house area. Some have audio also. One video of their dogs trying to break through your sheep's fence and terrifying your animals would be enough to trash any boo-hooing excuses they try to pull in front of a judge.

Email offers both of you a readily available and more definitive timeline of events and removes the "if I recall correctly" issue from conversations. Also often preferred because it doesn't rely on someone's immediate availability like a phone call. Probably better for his recordkeeping when it's time for him to present info for court in a situation like this where timelines of steps taken come into play.

I know you have the game cameras on the trails, I still believe a small video system which records direct to a DVR would aid you in a court issue. It would not be used to document the incursions on the trails (your game cams have done good job there), it would be used to show them harassing the livestock and engaging around the barn and house area. Some have audio also. One video of their dogs trying to break through your sheep's fence and terrifying your animals would be enough to trash any boo-hooing excuses they try to pull in front of a judge.
I've been recording in writing what has transpired often with support of pictures within minutes of key events. The recent camera has allowed real time detection of trespassing component. Setting up additional recording devices would be expensive in terms of money and time. My capital investment so far is in excess of $3,000 spurred by loss of about 10 hens. At some point logic will need to kick in as fighting the neighbors is causing more expense than what I'm trying to prevent being lost. My justification so far is intent to use more of my land for animal keeping without buying more of the fencing that is not suitable for surrounding more than a barnyard area.

My suggestion is install a couple dummy cameras where the real ones are located so the neighbors won't know they've been moved .Place the real McCoys in an inaccessible area early in the morning while they're asleep. Bat houses and birdhouses can be used to hide them.
I don't think that approach will work once the people are aware of the cameras. They are too hard to hide. There range of operation is too tight. There are limits to what I can do with this mess. Most of area where this is all going on is either pasture or woodlot with a persimmon tree orchard. Cameras could be hidden in some cedar trees, but their field of view would be very narrow.

I think the barking of my dogs has a repelling action on their dogs. They also are releasing their dogs at night thinking I am not aware if dogs come over. I am unable to determine if the dogs are out singly or as a group based on photographs so far. I will assume the thread is being monitored from this point forward. My activities would be easy to track owing to Facebook and professional affiliation. If she is employed by a state agency like she implied during the only face to face conversation we had, then her actions may have more cost than simply dealing with me.

I don't think that approach will work once the people are aware of the cameras. They are too hard to hide. There range of operation is too tight. There are limits to what I can do with this mess. Most of area where this is all going on is either pasture or woodlot with a persimmon tree orchard. Cameras could be hidden in some cedar trees, but their field of view would be very narrow.
The trail that she and dogs are using - how is this accessed? Is trailhead fenced, is it marked with no trespassing (tape or signage)?
Just trying to get a grasp on "how" they are getting there. Not bashing, just asking.

Fencing is expensive, I agree! Been slowly working on fencing here for a year. It's a process. I get a few posts at a time, then we extend a bit more. It's going to take a while...

She crawled through gap where a no trespassing sign is located. Picture of location where she told deputy she crossed. Based on what he said, I got impression she told him she walked through, but I could not walk through any gaps and my kids have not found any.

1643042728580.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom