Dog owners paid double for injured rooster!$60

feliciamckee

Chirping
8 Years
May 17, 2011
J Bro
My roo, Rocky was attacked by a dog last week. Thanks to so much advice on his care from peeps on this site, I am happy to say he is doing so well!
wee.gif

His wound is healing over and his feathers are growing back! We weren't even sure if he would live. The other day, I had to take the receipts I had for his meds to the owners of the dog that attacked him. I was apprehensive because I had never met them and I did have their dog impounded. (No oppologies there.) The total for his antibiotics, needles, etc was $32.00. It was hard, because when I pulled in their driveway, the dog was there in the yard chained up. He is a huge Huskey mix. When she came to the door, she wasn't very friendly...I introduced myself...she interupted me and told me she knew who I was. I handed her the copy of the receipts and she said she would be right back with a check. When she gave it to me, I didn't even look at it. We made some small talk about our animals, I told her thank you, and we left. She never even said she was sorry about what happened.
hu.gif

Driving back home, I looked down at the check and she had written it out to $60.00!!! I thought she made a mistake and paid the full amount of the receipts which included some pellets etc. I turned around and went back. I knocked again and told her she gave me too much! She said," no...I did it on purpose, I wanted to." I didn't know what to say! I just said that wasn't neccessary, but thank you so much!

I guess that was her way of saying sorry. She didn't seem very nice, but she sure did a nice thing for us. Stuff like that just doesn't happen much. I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best. I am thankfull for the BEST!
ya.gif

That was a nice gesture on her part and glad that you were blessed and your roo is alive and doing well. Her attitude may have in part been guilt or maybe it's not really her dog (like a childs or spouses) and she was aggrevated with them that she had to face you. It is obvious that she knows her responsability and wanted to make sure the debt was paid. Not all situations like this end up happy. I'm glad yours did!
big_smile.png

Some people are not people persons (I know I am not) and sometimes come across unfriendly...............or maybe she just got bad news and was distracted.

hugs.gif
for you and your Roo. I am glad he lived.

Super glad that she paid you and did not make a fuss.
thumbsup.gif
It was even nicer of you to go back and double check to see if she had made a mistake.
clap.gif

Yes, I am soooo thankful. I also wanted to make it known that even though I was excited about the outcome, the money was a minor issue. Even more important than their $$$...is that they keep their animal contained. And of course, Rocky is priceless to me. He went through so much and I hate for him not to feel safe in his own yard. Thank you for the nice comments.

I actually have very good close neighbor relations, but they live a little farther out and it is a pretty big neighborhood with lots of houses. I would LOVE to give them some eggs but so far I only have ONE hen!!!
roll.png

My kids eat her eggs faster than she can lay them. Hope to find more hens soon so I can give some away. Right now, I deliver cucumbers around pretty regularly...have them coming out the ears!!!
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom