Dog thread!šŸ¾

you could do rally, agility, obedience, there's lots of different sports and shows though. Rally and obedience work on commands and agility is obstacle courses.
I feel like either agility or obedience might be best for him. This boy can RUN! And when he wants to listen to me he can listen well.

Is rally basically herding?

Veal Station Aussies. When we bought him we got all his paperwork as well as some on his genetics.

What kind of training should I do to prove him in a show ring?

They seem to only have FB. Oh well

For the best advice, you should ask your breeder. Since you said he comes from good bloodlines, his parents, grandparents, and such have been proven

I feel like either agility or obedience might be best for him. This boy can RUN! And when he wants to listen to me he can listen well.

Is rally basically herding?
rally is a course set up with different signs and you have to do the command or action on the sign, e.i you walk to a sign that says sit down and you have to sit and down your dog then you go to the next sign. Its also timed. I like it better then obedience because you can talk to you dog during it whereas in obedience the words or commands you use the more points off

Rally and obedience are fun, but not many ethical breeders take them seriously. A proven agility or herding dog will attract the sport people. Proving him in the show ring will attract the show people. Proving him in the show ring and in the field (herding) will definitely attract the show people, and possibly some sport people

rally is a course set up with different signs and you have to do the command or action on the sign, e.i you walk to a sign that says sit down and you have to sit and down your dog then you go to the next sign. Its also timed. I like it better then obedience because you can talk to you dog during it whereas in obedience the words or commands you use the more points off
i am terrible at explaining things so if you are interested in it id google some videosšŸ˜…

Oh! Then rally would work for him too! I thought it was something like herding since Aussies are herding dogs.

He knows how to sit but I still need to learn how to teach him to lay down.

Oh! Then rally would work for him too! I thought it was something like herding since Aussies are herding dogs.
I think herding would be great for him too, and agility, lots of aussies are great at agility.
He knows how to sit but I still need to learn how to teach him to lay down.
If rally is something you want to do its really good to google the signs and you can practice them and you'll know what you need to learn and what each sign means. Sometimes the wording on the sign can be confusing

I think herding would be great for him too, and agility, lots of aussies are great at agility.

If rally is something you want to do its really good to google the signs and you can practice them and you'll know what you need to learn and what each sign means. Sometimes the wording on the sign can be confusing
The only problem with herding is that I have nothing for him to herd to practice, and I don't think the chickens would appreciate him practicing on them. šŸ˜…

My boy is a very good runner. He just needs to get him some breaks.

I will look them up!!

The only problem with herding is that I have nothing for him to herd to practice, and I don't think the chickens would appreciate him practicing on them. šŸ˜…
yeah that could be an issuešŸ˜…I don't know much about herding so I wouldn't be much help with ideas
My boy is a very good runner. He just needs to get him some breaks.
Of course, he's still young to so you shouldn't start practicing things like jumps or weaves and shouldn't let him get too overworked either

Back
Top Bottom