Dogs and Guineas

Unicornlife3316

Songster
6 Years
Apr 21, 2018
Bryan, TX
I want my guineas to free range - they’re 8 weeks old today, and have done great outside. They know their Co-op and that’s where home is, so they settle themselves each night without a fuss.
I have 3 labs that are typically lazy house dogs but ya know, they’re dogs. The golden managed to get one in his mouth. Thankfully, didn’t hurt it at all.

I let them in the garden today and one “brave” one decided to fly the fence and got chased.

How in the hell do i introduce a dog and a Guinea so they will co-mingle in the yard peacefully!?

The cats don’t pay them ANY attention at all.

I want my guineas to free range - they’re 8 weeks old today, and have done great outside. They know their Co-op and that’s where home is, so they settle themselves each night without a fuss.
I have 3 labs that are typically lazy house dogs but ya know, they’re dogs. The golden managed to get one in his mouth. Thankfully, didn’t hurt it at all.

I let them in the garden today and one “brave” one decided to fly the fence and got chased.

How in the hell do i introduce a dog and a Guinea so they will co-mingle in the yard peacefully!?

The cats don’t pay them ANY attention at all.
Good luck!

When one of my guineas got into the dog's yard, the dog ate the guinea. The guineas learned to stay out of her yard.

My guineas scream bloody murder and follow anytime a cat gets near them.

The dogs don’t injure them, but obviously could.

I let them out of the yard, we live on 40 acres and I figured they could just go free range where the dogs aren’t.

Well those idiots came right back through the fence and thankfully the dogs didnt notice & I was able to corral everyone back to their pen, but I just don’t know what to do.

Good luck!

When one of my guineas got into the dog's yard, the dog ate the guinea. The guineas learned to stay out of her yard.

My guineas scream bloody murder and follow anytime a cat gets near them.
I will follow this i too have this question

I haven't let my guineas free range yet, but I let the dogs come check on them with me. I have a heeler that will stand in the middle of the coop and the guineas just let him lick them. Then I have a Husky (shes not allowed into the coop) that wants sooo badly to chase them when they fly. She has snapped at them a couple of times too. I am hoping that once they are full grown she will loose interest or they will teach her a thing or two.

Good Luck! And hopefully they will all learn to leave each other alone.

Back
Top Bottom