Dogs are the worst predator, I swear Amazing update!

Pics

azygous

Addict
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
I need hugs. :hit Two neighbor dogs killed my two roosters, the best roosters I've ever had. They were both perfectly behaved and the hens adored both.

The chickens were scratching around in the snow, something they usually refuse to do, and these two dogs swooped in on the chickens. The boys apparently did a good job of decoying the dogs so the hens were all spared, although it took me an hour to locate one hen who was hiding motionless in plain sight.

I don't hate all dogs, but I sure have no use for irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs run wild all over the mountain.

I need hugs. :hit Two neighbor dogs killed my two roosters, the best roosters I've ever had. They were both perfectly behaved and the hens adored both.

The chickens were scratching around in the snow, something they usually refuse to do, and these two dogs swooped in on the chickens. The boys apparently did a good job of decoying the dogs so the hens were all spared, although it took me an hour to locate one hen who was hiding motionless in plain sight.

I don't hate all dogs, but I sure have no use for irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs run wild all over the mountain.
I would hold your neighbor responsible for her/his dogs. At least she/he has to pay for two new chicks and some chick-feed…

*hugs, as requested* :hugs I feel your loss deeply, and couldn't be more sympathetic. My condolences. :hugs Undoubtedly, they enjoyed lives fit for kings.

Dogs strike me as unbelievably formidable predators, when untrained. It's heartbreaking how many they can take out in one go.....possibly the entire flock. :hit Bless your boys' hearts for sacrificing themselves to preserve their ladies. True troopers.

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom