Dogs ate fish emulsion

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
So the dogs found a bottle of fish emulsion fertilizer, gnawed off the lid and sucked some down. The vet said to call the manufacturer, but the manufacturer doesn't have a phone number. Everything I've found online says it is non-toxic. Both dogs are acting fine (if stupid). THey're really stinky and desperately trying to get back to the bottle, but acting as normal as they ever get.
Is this cause for panic?

I used that last time and one of the puppies we rescued got to it. He had no prolems ut I would get a check up on him at the vet. You can also call up poison control

EEEWWWW!! don't worry, just bottled fish waste!
lau.gif

Yup. Trout's right. Both dogs are 18 kinds of stinky, but seem to have suffered no ill effects of the fish banquet. I just touched the bottle and still can't get the stink off my hands. Blech. At least the plants like it.
Dumb dogs... they keep coming over for love and then they breath on me. 8Cough*Wheeze*Gasp*
Fish emulsion does not help with stinky dog breath. I'm a little worried once it makes its way through their systems. They already can clear the room with the other end.
Ick!

Trust me. Between the fish emulsion and the kitty crunchies they pilfer from the litter box, ain't no way they're kissing me. We can love each other from afar.

I hosed them down earlier and let them air dry. That helped some. It's the fishy breath smell that's killing us right now. I wonder if I feed them some garlic if it would kill the smell or just make it smell like a bad sauted trout?

Blech. Flashback to the time our Ridgeback broke open a bag of the granules of that stuff in the house on the carpet (phew!) and ate about 3#. Ohhhhh, the horror and the stench.

I can't use any of that around the garden now, darned dog digs up the plants and eats it.

Wait until she finds out that chickens poop.
wink.png

Cheers,
Michelle

Oh gosh, Meech. I can't even imagine. We just got a couple of good slurps in. Nothing like 3 pounds! Holy Chickens! Did you have to move?

I'm sure having the chicks in the house will be entertaining as the puppy (almost 2 years and 50 pounds) tries to get her tongue in through the hardware cloth to get to the chicken poopy. She is very determined when it comes to gross, nasty stuff to munch on. Again I say, BLECH!!!

Kaylakala- it's not so much fish waste as all the parts of a fish left over when they make fillets. I think they take the insides, let them ferment for a while and then grind them all up into a pulp. Add a little water and voila! Fabulous, if nasty smelling, fertilizer for the garden. My roses love the stuff. Thankfully the smell disappates pretty quickly in garden. Not so apparently in doggie mouths.

... and now it seems the pooty part has begun. Lucy just walked by being, ahem... indiscreet and staring suspiciously at her heinie. Won't this be a fun evening at my house? Is there a gas mask smiley?

Back
Top Bottom