Dogs attack chickens WARNING!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chicken Charlotte, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Hey

I have a beutiful sussex rooster my favorite out of all my chickens I call him the merical chicken because when he was a baby he go his head stuck it the door of a cage and was dead (eyes closed, head down) I was crying heaps my family was praying for him and suddenly he popped his little head up and squeeked haha [​IMG]
    But 2 short months past a neighboors dog that come over all the time came AND WAS HUNGRY [​IMG] and desided to fight my chicken he is fairly big and thinks his big enough to fight but he still is not fully grown trying to protect his ladys as I amagin and ended up in the dogs mouth, my mother was not home I was screaming and I ran after it with my poodles GREAT SNIFFER DOGS!! they sniffed my chicken out in no time and he was moving but died I picked him up crying shouting come back Charlie!! Please dont go come back!! Balling out crying but this time he was gone the thing with the door made his neck fragile so his neck snaped [​IMG] im so sad now as you have heard I love him to bits. I carried him up to the house singing him lalahbyes and put him in a bucked:duc and crying for 30 mins till my mum got home, my brother diged me a hole and I made a cross and a peice of wood with writing on it in front. I will never forget that chicken he will always be in my heart.

2. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG]

3. Joey8765

Joey8765 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Australia
    aw thats very sad [​IMG]
    rest in peace

4. tammyd57

tammyd57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I'm so sorry.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad!

6. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    Aww,Chicken Charlotte, I am sorry for your loss.

7. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG] Sorry for your loss.

8. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Very sorry. [​IMG][​IMG]

9. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Same exact thing happened to my mallard drake,he always loved to play with dogs and when the neighbors dog came into the yard he went to go play with it and she just took him away.But take this as a lesson,get the chickens a run or call animal control.

Im sorry for your loss [​IMG]

10. GiGi123

GiGi123 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    i'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
    [​IMG]

gigi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by