Dogs attack chickens WARNING!

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
Hey

I have a beutiful sussex rooster my favorite out of all my chickens I call him the merical chicken because when he was a baby he go his head stuck it the door of a cage and was dead (eyes closed, head down) I was crying heaps my family was praying for him and suddenly he popped his little head up and squeeked haha
lol.png

But 2 short months past a neighboors dog that come over all the time came AND WAS HUNGRY
hit.gif
and desided to fight my chicken he is fairly big and thinks his big enough to fight but he still is not fully grown trying to protect his ladys as I amagin and ended up in the dogs mouth, my mother was not home I was screaming and I ran after it with my poodles GREAT SNIFFER DOGS!! they sniffed my chicken out in no time and he was moving but died I picked him up crying shouting come back Charlie!! Please dont go come back!! Balling out crying but this time he was gone the thing with the door made his neck fragile so his neck snaped
hit.gif
im so sad now as you have heard I love him to bits. I carried him up to the house singing him lalahbyes and put him in a bucked:duc and crying for 30 mins till my mum got home, my brother diged me a hole and I made a cross and a peice of wood with writing on it in front. I will never forget that chicken he will always be in my heart.

Same exact thing happened to my mallard drake,he always loved to play with dogs and when the neighbors dog came into the yard he went to go play with it and she just took him away.But take this as a lesson,get the chickens a run or call animal control.

Im sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom