dogs in trouble in southern california!

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
hey ya'll, you may have seen in the news the thing about the guy in lancaster california who abandoned his "dog rescue" facility last week? (in reality he was hoarding, not rescuing/rehoming). there were over 200 dogs, some in really terrible condition, some dead, plus a bunch of farm animals on the property.
some friends and i today went to help clean up, feed, water and take photographs of the remaining dogs. here's a link to the photobucket album i made. if anyone in s. cali would like to adopt any of these dogs please let me know. i will help put you in touch with the right folks. ALSO, there are many more dogs than i was able to photograph. so if you are looking for a medium to large sized dog but don't see what you are looking for please PM me with what you are seeking.
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg77/lancasterdogs/

thanks everyone for taking a look!
love.gif

i must say though those dogs dont seem to be a bad condition so he was clearly looking after some of them.
Not condoning hoarding but playing devils advocate;)
Goodluck finding new homes.

yeah, i didn't take any pics of dead animals we found piled up under some plywood. those, i guess, didn't get such great care.
also, the sick and injured ones were pulled out and taken to clinics on the first day.
these are the ones who were well enough to stay where they were until new homes can be found.
sadly, because he abandoned the property, many of these dogs may be seized by animal control if rescue can't get them placed.

Last edited:
Nice job FallenWeeble, taking care of those pups.

What happens next for those pooches?

Is that you in the pics?

P.S. This post is very disruptive.
wink.png

(Some of us will want to adopt a few of them)

The (what looks like) black lab with the white zig-zag on it's chest looks familier.

Don't ask me why.

Last edited:
Thank you for your efforts to help these poor dogs. So sad (and maddening) about the ones that didn't make it and the ones who are suffering still (hopefully they will do alright with medical care). I'm going to forward this info to my network of good people - maybe some have California contacts that might be able to adopt...
JJ in NJ

p.s. For interested folks that are not visitors to BYC, is there an e-mail address they can use if they'd like to get more info......?

Last edited:
thanks ya'll for your interest - ya'll are so great - i love my BYC peeps!

here are some links to the orgs. that can give you more info on how to to adopt any of these dogs:
www.awishforanimals.org or [email protected]

adoption is pretty easy right now. basically anyone who expresses an interest can show up and fill out a paper with your contact info and that's about it.
county is going to the location over the next few days to spay and neuter so you wouldn't even have to pay for that!

here is a pic of one girl who especially touched my heart:
P1190132.jpg

she is a little older and she was breed so much that her lady underparts will always look kinda big and silly . . . poor dear!
anyone who wants more info about her specifically can email me at [email protected]
she is a total wiggle. (but probably not appropriate for every home so please do email me and we'll talk!)

and to PC - nope that's not me, the ladies in the pics are two that run the group i volunteer with. my pic is posted in the "show us your mug" strand if you just gotta see me!

Super - thanks for the link - I'll circulate to my 'critter' network and ask them to circulate to any CA friends and family.....
Thank you
hugs.gif

JJ

Back
Top Bottom