Dogs protected chickens! So proud of them!

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Right before it was dark outside, we heard the chickens squawking so we let the dogs out first before we went out.
Dogs ended up killing a cat that had gotten into the chicken yard.
The cat had almost killed one of my favorite cockerels but all he had was a small injury that has been cleaned up already.
So proud of them for protecting the chickens!! :) :D
They got lots of treats and pets on the head.

And don't worry, they still love our indoor kitties.
Our indoor/outdoor cat named Moses loved on all the dogs earlier.

Right before it was dark outside, we heard the chickens squawking so we let the dogs out first before we went out.
Dogs ended up killing a cat that had gotten into the chicken yard.
The cat had almost killed one of my favorite cockerels but all he had was a small injury that has been cleaned up already.
So proud of them for protecting the chickens!! :) :D
They got lots of treats and pets on the head.

And don't worry, they still love our indoor kitties.
Our indoor/outdoor cat named Moses loved on all the dogs earlier.
Good dogs! ❤️

I'm thinking the cat wasn't trying to kill the chickens but after mice and got caught in the pen and your dogs killed a cat that wasn't doing anything wrong. The Cockerel was injured possibly from the fence because he was scared.

A feral cat killed my barn cat. I definitely believe the cat was after the chickens. We have another feral cat that hangs out. She is not interested in chickens.

Unacceptable....SMH people these days.
The cat was probably trying to get mice from the coop, not injure the chickens. Cannot believe you let your dog kill it.

Cat had our cockerel in it's mouth
Fine. And if it did?
Cats are predators. They hunt, lady. They don't understand the difference between a pet chicken and a wild bird, y'know? They aren't humans. It was probably starving.
Don't want your chickens getting wounded, give them secure pens. Don't just let your dogs kill a cat that is probably someone's pet.

Fine. And if it did?
Cats are predators. They hunt, lady. They don't understand the difference between a pet chicken and a wild bird, y'know? They aren't humans. It was probably starving.
Don't want your chickens getting wounded, give them secure pens. Don't just let your dogs kill a cat that is probably someone's pet.
I actually checked with our neighbors, nobody owned it. I even posted in our town's facebook page. Someone commented and said it had attacked their own cat days before and said it was probably a feral

Back
Top Bottom